Friday 3 April 2009

Out For The Count...

I have to admit to being a bit lazy of late in my postings here. But I do have an excuse for some of the days I missed - the last two days in particular. I have had the most abominable migraine I have had in a long time. It felt like my head was splitting in half. So I have really been out for the count as it were for several days - partially from the migraine, and partially from the depression & the pain in my back doesn't help at all.
Since I last wrote in my blog, not a lot has happened. Kasey is still a pain, so is his dad. I haven't heard from Kellie and her girls either. And there has been some bad news from New Zealand, which I am not going into here for privacy reasons. But all of it hasn't helped me any in getting over this depression that I just can't seem to shake.
It appears to get a little better and then some other kick in the guts comes along to drag me down again - it's like a vicious circle really. Day after day, week after week. I feel as if I am necer getting any closer to getting better. The psychologist that I am seeing says it will take some time, perhaps 6 - 18 months to get over the depression. When I told him I thought that I had been like this for that long, he was rather surprised - don't know why, that is just how he seemed to me. Perhaps I am not as "ready to top myself" as some people might be after suffering like this for that long - I don't know. But at least he is trying to help me. I am having hypnotherapy at my next session with him - that'll be interesting. I wonder what he will find, and whether or not I come out of it mooing like a cow or laying eggs at the sound of some subliminal trigger?

No comments: