Saturday 24 April 2010

A Year After Mum

A year has gone since you went away
but I still see you every day.
Your hair, your eyes, your smile
will stay with me yet a while.

I miss you Mum, in many ways
but see your face on most days
when I look in the mirror every morn
my heart inside of me is torn.

Tell me Mum, if you will,
is it nice and peaceful over the hill?
Is it warm and pleasant, with sweet smelling air?
Will I like it when I get there?

Do you miss us, as we miss you?
We can't come yet, there's too much to do.
But when my turn has come around,
I hope you'll meet me and show me round.



Mum, it's been a year since you passed away. Never a day goes by that I don't miss you or think of you. I am kind of glad that you aren't around to see what has become of the "family" you held together. I just wish that they would all get their heads out of the sand and wake up to the realities of life.  Miss your heaps Mum, all my love, Julz

No comments: